I am a qualified journalist and award winning copywriter. I work mainly in the charity, education and arts sectors but have also worked with commercial businesses large and small. I can bring your stories to life, reflect your organisation’s personality and pitch them perfectly at your intended market.
I write all sorts from web copy to video scripts. I specialise in editorial writing:
- Feature articles
- News articles
- Case studies
- Press releases
Want it all done for you, from concept to print?
I produce magazines and other publicity materials from scratch, handling the project from start to finish. I research and write content, manage external contributors, source images and handle the designers, printers and even mailing – so you don’t need to worry about a thing!
A few examples of my work
- NWR Magazine – The NWR (National Women’s Register) Magazine was originally a dated looking leaflet with pages and pages of unedited text. I took the various communications from NWR members and turned them into engaging feature articles. For example, what was once a simple email about a trip to an eco farm became a double page spread on glamping. It’s now a lively flick-through general interest magazine that can double up as a publicity item.
- Drivology – I developed a tone of voice for this insurance company to give it a human, approachable vibe. I wrote the web copy and produced a marketing video script.
- Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama – During my time as in-house copywriter/journalist at RWCMD, I wrote marketing and PR copy for promotional materials, the website and social media platforms. I handled press enquiries and wrote press releases. I developed a tone of voice during an organisation-wide branding exercise. I produced the RWCMD magazine and magazine-style prospectus, collating, writing and editing content.
- University of South Wales – I wrote web copy, mainly news articles and blog posts, and handled the social media.
- The Gate Arts Centre – I produced web copy, promotional materials, performance brochures, press and managed social media channels.
Awards & accolades
- Distinction, MA Interactive Journalism, Cardiff School of Creative & Cultural Industries (see my project on orphanage tourism) – 2011
- Heist Awards, Best Undergraduate Prospectus (Silver) for the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama prospectus- 2011
- Visit Wales, Top 10 Blogs of the Week for Mountain Biking for Girls – 2011
- The Guardian, Spotlight Article for Gull vs Hawkins – 2010
- Wales Blog Awards, Best Sports Blog for Mountain Biking for Girls – 2010
- The Guardian, Travel Writing Competition Special Edition (runner up) for Weasel Coffee Anyone? – 2009