I am a qualified journalist and award winning copywriter. I work mainly in the charity, education and arts sectors but have also worked with commercial businesses large and small. I can bring your stories to life, reflect your organisation’s personality and pitch them perfectly at your intended market.
I write all sorts from web copy to video scripts. I specialise in editorial writing:
- Feature articles
- News articles
- Case studies
Content audit & editing
I’ll make sure every word is there for a reason. Are tone, style and vocabulary appropriate and on brand? Is anything missing or redundant? Are the headings doing their job? Is the information given in a logical and most effective order? Are the sentences the right length for the audience and intended media? Is the style consistent? Is the copy suitable for the design?
Most importantly, is your message getting out there?
This women’s social organisation asked me to transform what was originally a dated looking leaflet with pages and pages of unedited text. I took the various communications from NWR members and turned them into engaging feature articles.
For example, what was once a simple email about a trip to an eco farm became a double page spread on glamping. It’s now a lively flick-through general interest magazine that can double up as a publicity item.
- Distinction, MA Interactive Journalism, Cardiff School of Creative & Cultural Industries (see my project on orphanage tourism) – 2011
- Heist Awards, Best Undergraduate Prospectus (Silver) for the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama prospectus- 2011
- Visit Wales, Top 10 Blogs of the Week for Mountain Biking for Girls – 2011
- The Guardian, Spotlight Article for Gull vs Hawkins – 2010
- Wales Blog Awards, Best Sports Blog for Mountain Biking for Girls – 2010
- The Guardian, Travel Writing Competition Special Edition (runner up) for Weasel Coffee Anyone? – 2009