I am a freelance journalist for the BBC. I have also been published by the Guardian as well as numerous trade, sports and local publications. I gained a distinction for my MA in Journalism.
A few examples:
- Measels, mumps and rubella: How do we eliminate them? – BBC Wales News
- Henry VIII divorces led to copycat splits, researchers say – BBC Wales News
- Weasel coffee, anyone – The Guardian
- Staycation Cardiff: The new city break – The Guardian
- Gull vs Hawkins – The Guardian
- Investigation into orphanage tourism – MA Interactive Journalism
This women’s social organisation asked me to transform what was originally a dated looking leaflet with pages and pages of unedited text. I took the various communications from NWR members and turned them into engaging feature articles.
For example, what was once a simple email about a trip to an eco farm became a double page spread on glamping. It’s now a lively flick-through general interest magazine that can double up as a publicity item.
- Distinction, MA Interactive Journalism, Cardiff School of Creative & Cultural Industries (see my project on orphanage tourism) – 2011
- Visit Wales, Top 10 Blogs of the Week for Mountain Biking for Girls – 2011
- The Guardian, Spotlight Article for Gull vs Hawkins – 2010
- Wales Blog Awards, Best Sports Blog for Mountain Biking for Girls – 2010
- The Guardian, Travel Writing Competition Special Edition (runner up) for Weasel Coffee Anyone? – 2009