I am a professionally trained proofreader and will ensure that your text is completely perfect (using the BSI marks if required).
- Check for errors: spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Check page numbers and headings.
- Check the table of contents against chapter titles, page numbers.
- Ensure style is consistent by following your style guide, if supplied (or ask me about developing a tone of voice and/or compiling a style guide for you).
- Check cross-references where appropriate.
- Ensure that illustrations, captions and labels correspond with each other and with the text.
‘Katherine was a great choice for me. She was able to adapt her service to suit my needs, and came back with helpful suggestions on both spelling, as well as possible issues with syntax and regional style. Her advice allowed me to make sound decisions about my writing, and overall, I felt that her keen eye for detail and wide knowledge of the English language in regard to both its technical nuances and broader applications improved the finished product to no end. I’m looking forward to using Katherine again, and it’s reassuring to find someone that I can rely on to catch the things that I miss without any doubts.’
– Daniel Morgan, Author and Director of Grindstone Literary